The residents of Haukivuori built the village’s first chapel in 1740. The chapel was demolished, when a wooden church was built in 1794-98.
The belfry was built next to the church in 1838-1839. The first church bell was received in 1794, second one fifty years later in 1847.
The old wooden church was destroyed in a fire in 1949. New Haukivuori Church was built, and concecrated on July 1, 1951.
The brick church was designed by architect Veikko Larkas.
Kirkontie 291, 51600 Haukivuori
0400 143 300